Monday, May 18, 2009

Greed


Waited for the growl and bypassed breakfast. Ate out with Bob at the Thai House and stopped when full. Bob ate supper and 6:30 and I joined him without a growl. So stupid. Ate more food than I needed. I must must stop controlling the amount of food I eat and let God's will rule. He gives me that pleasant full feeling and my head and greed says it tastes so good eat just a little more. But this is me controlling, me playing god, me, me. I'm sick of getting it wrong and being out of God's control.


Did not eat any more food after supper as is my usual routine. I love to take a growl to bed as I kneel down and pray and thank God for my day. How to work on this greedy appetite that is getting overfull and hurting me and my spirit growth? I will find a scripture to share for this problem:


2 Nep. 12:17 And the loftiness of Carol shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of Carol shall be made low; and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day.

18. And the idols he shall utterly abolish.


My idols are worshiping food and obeying my greedy appetite more than God's will. I am ashamed and pray to God for help to stop this.

No comments:

Post a Comment