Monday, September 27, 2010

3rd day Testing will come

Please remember me in your prayers today. I have had 2 days eating only with the growl and stopping when full signals begins. This is my third day and this is when I falter and stumble. I am focusing on God as I live today, work and pray for His will to be shown in all I say, do and think. One thing that has struck me as I've gone to God and asked why? is that I was focused on losing the weight. It was all about being thin and still loving the food. The focus is totally different this time. I am focused on God, loving Him, and letting the weight loss be his gift to me, and my obedience will be my gift to Him. I am reading Weighdown Basic and this statement caught my heart. "Am I a failure, or is God angry at me and sabotaging me? Well, you are not a failure, it is not genetic, and God is not sabotaging you. He does hope that your slavery to diets and overweight will make you call out to HIM. He is in LOVE with you, and He wants you to depend on Him for deliverance so you can see how mighty He is and how important you are to Him."

Then I read this from Legends to the Treasure, Pearls of Wisdom card: Phil. 4 "Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

"Anyone can read or write about what to do--but nothing counts until you put what you have learned INTO PRACTICE. You must take the next hour and get it right. Then take the next hour and get on your knees and get it right. Look at your weakness as an opportunity to develop a dependence on God. If you could get your eating or sin under control the first time you tried, you would not develop this dependence. Just keep practicing with prayer and you will develop a deep love for God. You will grow to appreciate your weakness. Without it, you would have missed this relationship. Love your Lord with all of your heart and do not cotinue in your weakness--continue in the dependence upon God."

May your day and my day today be filled with dependence on God and mastering self-denial, I pray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment