Saturday, September 25, 2010

Beginning Again...

My RivertonFamilySearch class went well. My stomach is growling and having a fit. My fast ends at 4:30pm. So I am turning to ways to fill up my tummy emptiness. My heart is very full. I am not thinking or desiring food at all. PTL! Just want to find the right words from God and feel his love. I'm taking a moment now to pray.....I just asked for a scripture that will keep my heart open to Him. This is it: Isaiah 40:29 - "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." I feel weak when I follow my will. "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength." I am renewed each time I pray, read scriptures, hold my tongue, post, sing to God, praise his name, reach out to friends and family, "They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." What wonderful promises, and God keeps his promises! And so must I. I promise to eat only when my stomach growls, to pray for God's will in how much I eat and stop when the full feeling begins. No more second helpings, no more just another cookie or sweet, no more wandering, no more bingeing, no night bingeing, no more zoning out, yes, more God in me and less food so there is plenty of room in my temple for God to dwell. With love, Carol Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment