Monday, September 27, 2010

Ephesians 6:24

Ephesians 6:24 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth, buckled around your waist (my belt of truth tells me there is too much flesh around my waist), with the breastplate of righteousness in place (this is where I need to recognize my empty heart and fill it with prayer & the word instead of food), and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace (as my feet run to serve others, I will find this peace). In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith (my Savior,Jesus Christ) with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation (focus on God) and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the spirit in all occasions (before a growl, before eating, during a meal or party, afternoon downtime, nighttime lie, head hunger, posting) with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
This has been a tiring, low energy afternoon. I have had thoughts of needing food for energy; but have not given in. When my grandchildren came over and wanted snacks, my husband cooked them something, then I was asked to fix another child a snack which I did and did not eat. I ate with a growl at 11:30am after fasting for 18 hours; I was very hungry and planned to eat what I had cooked for my husband which was fish, rice, lots of veggies. But I began to eat nibbles of this and that as I cooked; and by the time the fish and meal was ready; I had the beginning of my full feeling and I did not eat anymore. This is one high place I must tear down in my life. I like to stand and eat at the counter as I'm cooking. I get really hungry when I wait all the way to the growl. I often eat bites before I put food on my small plate. I am especially drawn into this when cooking food before a meal when I am so hungry. Any helpful ideas to overcome this would be greatly appreciated.
It's 5:30pm, I'm tired, have a headache but don't feel hungry; but want something (food of course) to take away this pain of tiredness and headache. Of course, eating hasn't helped in the past years I've listened to this message of lies; but I keep thinking that maybe "If I eat just a little, I won't be tired." Then I never eat just a little, one bite leads to another binge. My story, my pattern, needs to change to become God's story for me, God's plan & pattern to follow. Yes, yes. Hope you are having a day of peace. With love, Carol Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment