Sunday, September 26, 2010

wt 167

I am going to weigh twice weekly; but only post the weight that is Sunday to Sunday. The other weighin is just a reminder to me to stay on the path and that I need to focus on God's weight for me, not what I weigh.
Worship service today was very inspiring. My husband spoke on patience and perserverance to the congregation. Our Sunday School lesson was on families and preserving our family history, journals, etc. The teacher passed around a basket of homemade lemon poppyseed rolls and another kind. I had not eaten anything for breakfast and had a growl. I took one small muffin and ate about 3 bites or half of it, rolled it up in my napkin and thought I can eat half and be satisifed. My husband had finished his and I offered him my half which he enjoyed. It made me smile to think I actually served him and followed Heavenly Father's spirit. Sweet jewel!
This has been the sweet jewel of a Sabbath day! The music filled my soul with joy. The words spoken were tender and true. I felt the Lord's presence all around me with smiling friends, hugs and children's laughter. My test came after church, however. Since I am no longer planning when I eat, I had to really focus on Gods' growl. I had eaten that half of a muffin and did not have a growl. As a matter of fact, I felt pretty full; but the head hunger said "you need, NEED to eat something for your next meeting at 3pm when you are teaching the young women." I thought, "What's the question - Do You HAVe a GRowl??" Answer: I do not. Then do not eat". I came in, sat down at the computer and posted this message. Now the head hunger had left and I will lie down for a nap as I read Debra does and be ready at 3pm for the class I am helping to teach. I am NOT going to watch and wonder about when the growl will come. God will send it when my body is ready. I am feeling hungry for okra and just received some in our fruit and vegetable order from the coop Bountiful Baskets on Saturday.
Saturday is usually the day I cook our vegetables from the coop for the week. Bountiful Baskets delivers two laundry baskets full of fresh fruits and veggies (always a surprise what they are) and we pick them up around 7am from the truck that delivers them to our mountain at a high school parking lot. Very fun, very cheap and wonderful fresh food. So, my husband and I clean them, I cook up some and we store the rest or give it away. This Saturday we got okra, brocilli, winter squash,, celery, onions, zuccini, and lots of other stuff. Well, I'm from Oklahoma originally and my mom and grandmother fried the best okra. So that is what I will have when God sends the growl. Saturday was a fast day and I choose not to cook. My husband supported me and cooked his own food and did it today too. I thank my Heavenly Father and Jesus for such a kind, sweet, patient husband. We have been married 48 years, have 4 children and 17 grandchildren and one sweet kitty, named Lilly.
Ephesians 4:28 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and FIND OUT WHAT PLEASES THE LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment